I’ve tried a new muffin recipe over the past several months from a dear lady at church who made these for us after Titus was born. I had a staple muffin recipe that I grew up making, but I think I’ve replaced it with this new one! The original recipe was for blueberry muffins, but I made them with apples twice and they are just as delicious with apples as they are with blueberries! Now on to the recipe…
Apple or Blueberry Muffins
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. oats
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c. canola oil
1-2 apples, chopped or 1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
(1 t. cinnamon if making apple muffins)
1) Mix water and oats with a spoon.
2) Add remaining dry ingredients, mix to combine.
3) Add egg and oil, mix until just combined.
4) Add apples or blueberries.
5) Pour into muffin tin and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen